The gyutoh is the chef’s knife of the Japanese kitchen, used as a general purpose knife for preparing larger cuts of meat and vegetables. A symbiosis of elegant design, latest technology and centuries-old knife-making art. The Miaybi 5000FCD blades are formed by 49 layers of steel with a Rockwell hardness of approximately 61. The black Pakka Wood handle is wonderfully balanced and features a steel end cap with decorative pin and ring.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core.
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design.
- FRIODUR® ice-hardened for hardness, corrosion-resistance and material elasticity.
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61.
- Symmetrically honed cutting edge.
- Ergonomically shaped handle.