The SUJIHIKI knife from the MIYABI 5000MCD series is a Japanese slicing knife with a hand-forged blade made of 100 layers of different types of steel. Aesthetics have played a key role in Japanese cuisine since time immemorial. The look of a dish and the way it is presented on the plate are just as much a part of the pleasure as its taste and aroma. In the kitchen, Japanese chefs are just as demanding where aesthetics are concerned as they are with functionality. The MIYABI 5000MCD series of knives provides professionals and ambitious amateur chefs with a set of precision knives that combine perfect functionality and ergonomics with unique design.
- Blade core made of MicroCarbide MC63 powder steel embedded in 100 layers of steel for exceptional hardness of approx. 63 Rockwell (international standard unit of measurement for hardness) and outstanding cutting edge retention.
- Unique floral Damask pattern on the blade.
- CRYODUR® ice-hardened blades provide particularly good cutting edge retention, corrosion resistance and optimum blade flexibility.
- Authentic Japanese blade profile.
- The symmetrical blade with ultra-sharp Honbazuke edge ensures incredible sharpness.
- Traditional D handle made from Masur birch for perfect balance, optimum control and tireless cutting.